We’ve managed to mount the defogger in the nose, but haven’t wired it yet. We also refilled the brake lines (after pulling a vacuum on it for a few days to degas the fluid). Also removed the old wheel, moved the tube and tire, shortened the wheel spacers (thanks Jerry) and reinstalled it with the new Nylon nut (thanks Andy). And we spent several days trying to clean the belly up, as it was oil covered (and continued to weep oil for some time). We tried a bunch of different solvents (like AM900 from R M) that worked pretty well, and sucked on the weeping pinholes with a shop vac, lather, rinse, repeat. Finally we epoxied over the bottom, and the scrached that coat and iced it. We think it’s all good. Oh, and we put the paint booth up, so we’ll start painting when I get back from Labor Day vacation in Jersey. We probably won’t do much more this week.
Posted By: Brett FerrellTuesday September 1st, 2009 at 6:26 PM