No new pictures, but the wing-to-strake junction is good to go, and the wings will be coming back off soon. We have a little fiddling with the cowling do do yet. The new SS flex brake lines have replaced the nylaflow on the legs, and the reservoir has been moved under the nose hatch. Along the way we put the “T” in front of the canard bulkhead so there’s only one line going to the reservoir, and now it’s easy to fill. Also, the new cast AL toe pedals are installed. Note on the pedals that I’ve added an extra 5/16″ nut and some washers so we can crank the pedals down and still lock the top, as well as apply spring pressure to the brake pedal. Our pedals seemed a bit high, so this slight modification was helpful. We tried degassing the brake fluid prior to bleeding, but didn’t find that it really helped anything.

Degassing the brake fluid

New Nose wheel

Posted By: Brett Ferrell
Tuesday September 1st, 2009 at 9:18 PM

Categories: Maintenance
Tags: Brakes Maintenance

Please Login to Comment.