Our prop was supposed to ship from MT in Germany to California for paint and assembly this week. I didn’t confirmation that that happened, but I hope to hear good news the first of the week. We haven’t been getting a lot of flying in with the early sunset and cool weather, and Beth’s been working quite a bit at her new job, but the weather was nice this weekend, so she took a couple of friends from work for a quick ride and got some pattern work in.

In other news, I have spent some time trying to improve our cooling. Our temperatures haven’t been bad, but I’m a little concerned that with the new prop we’ll be able to get more power from the engine and will therefore need better cooling. I’d never added anything to the base of the cylinders (it wasn’t mentioned in the manual when I did my plenum), but everybody seems to have these on Velocity’s today, so I create a couple, and altered the fiberglass on the front left cylinder to get it to fit more closely (the front of the plenum is pretty good from the factory). I’ll report back later.

Posted By: Brett Ferrell
Sunday November 6th, 2011 at 7:51 PM

Categories: Blog
Tags: Blog

Please Login to Comment.