So, I built my plane almost exclusively with electric tools, but the wing repair and painting process did teach me the value of having a decent compressor and tools. So, I got a nice 80 gallon Kobalt high-flow air compressor from Lowes, which will be more than adequate for my needs, and should be plenty to paint Bob and Jerry’s planes as well. Buying this unit was enabled by the fact that the previous tenants of this hangar pair had installed 240V 2-phase electric. In order to install this unit, we installed a side-port valve to hook up to future paint usage (so we can regulate it at the gun) and a drain valve for water. We also bought a set of vibration isolators from Grainger for the compressor’s feet.
Posted By: Brett FerrellThursday January 21st, 2010 at 10:38 PM