When we last left our hero was trying to do gross weight testing. If you read that update, you know we got a funky vibration from the right main gear. Since initial investigation didn’t show any real anomolies, aside from some brake drag, we decided to pull the wheels and check the brakes for warping and other checks that can only be done from the inside. We’d been seeing some over camber on our gear legs that was causing premature tire wear, also, and I’d bought tires even, but had been dreading taking the plane down to deal with it. Since we were getting the plane up on blocks anyway, it was the right time. Check out the maintenance section for the details, but long story, we just put everything together and fast taxied it, and all seems well. We should fly it a bit before another minor upgrade, where we’ll be changing out to the upgraded (stiffer) pitch trim spring. In our current configuration we don’t have quite enough up trim when heavily loaded in the front seats.
Posted By: Brett FerrellMonday May 28th, 2012 at 9:58 PM